10/20/10

digital project

For a school project we were asked to use the ideas of analog and digital, and so I decided I would manually "scan" and resize an image.

The reason behind this was because in doing my research for the project I realized that when a computer transfers information from the analog to digital (i.e. record to cd, vhs to dvd) what it is doing is locating key points (sampling) and then basically filling in the blanks (using a very precise system none the less, but anyhow).  I found this kind of interesting because even though we think the computer is so very accurate, it really is just "assuming" things in sense, because it is unable to recognize things the same was a human does.

SO, I decided to act as a very primal kind of computer perform the process of scanning and resizing an image.

Here are the results.


Scan and Resize

I also asked a few people to pick 6 colours without knowing what they were for and replaced the colours from my original image with their colours.

6 Colour Variations

No comments:

Post a Comment

do it!!